August Debouzy Personal Data Protection Policy
At August Debouzy, we take the protection of your privacy and personal data very seriously.
This is why we are committed to implementing appropriate measures to ensure the protection, confidentiality and security of your personal data and to only processing and using such data in compliance with applicable laws, and in particular European Regulation 2016/679 of April 27 th , 2016 (hereinafter the “General Data Protection Regulation”), Act No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 (the “French Data Protection Act”) and any other law or regulation that may supplement or replace it (hereinafter “Applicable Legislation”).
The purpose of this personal data protection policy (hereinafter the “Policy”) is to give you information on how we process your data and the commitments made by August Debouzy to ensure compliance with your personal data.
As used herein, the terms “controller”, “personal data”, “processing”, and “processor” have the meaning given to them in Article 4 of European Regulation 2016/679 of April 27 th , 2016 (hereinafter the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”).
1. What personal data do we process?
1.1 Contact and business information
In the course of performance of agreements for legal services we enter into with our clients (”you” or “your company or organization”) and, more generally, of the matters on which you instruct us or in which you are involved, August & Debouzy & Associés law firm (hereinafter “August Debouzy”, “we” or “us”) collects and processes personal data concerning you and your company or organization, your employees, representatives, and/or directors for the purposes of managing our contractual relationship. The data we collect is strictly necessary for us to be able to provide you with our services.
In this context, August Debouzy, as the controller, implements processing in compliance with Applicable Legislation, for the purposes of client management (including for the purposes of contacting and communicating with clients, performing the matters entrusted to us, and in particular the provision of legal services, contract, billing and accounting management, and the monitoring of our contractual relationship), and more generally management of the operations necessary for us to communicate with you about the matters you have entrusted to August Debouzy or in which you are involved. The data collected can also serve for the purposes of carrying out analyses (e.g. of trends, progress on marketing actions, open and click-through rates).
Similarly, and unless you object, you may receive newsletters and informational content on different professional and legal topics, press releases, invitations to training or other events organized by August Debouzy, the foregoing in a purely professional context.
1.2 Visitors to the August Debouzy website
- In the context of your use of the August Debouzy website available at https://www.august- debouzy.com/fr/ (the “Website”), we collect and process certain personal data concerning you as a user of the Website.
We collect personal data about the users of the Website when you (i) register or sign up for morning information meetings or August Debouzy newsletters.
In this context, August Debouzy, as controller, processes data in compliance with Applicable Legislation, for the purpose of enabling communications between you and August Debouzy. Once you have registered as a user on our Website, provided you do not subsequently object, you may receive newsletters and informational content on different professional and legal topics, press releases, invitations to training or other events organized by August Debouzy, the foregoing in a purely professional context.
- August Debouzy can also collect personal data concerning you if you submit an online application using the recruitment module. In this respect, we invite you to view out personal data protection policy for job applicants by clicking on the following link.
2. What legal grounds do we rely on to use and process your personal data?
We rely on the following legal grounds:
- performance of the contract: this type of processing has for its purpose performance of the matters you may entrust to us or in which you are involved, contract and billing management and monitoring of the contractual relationship;
- our legitimate interest, and more specifically our business interest: this type of processing pursues direct marketing purposes. In effect, such processing contributes to the promotion and improvement of our services and benefits both us and you as a visitor to the Website, as a client, as well as your company or organization’s employees, representatives and/or directors (who thereby benefit from additional services free of charge), without adversely affecting you or your company or organization’s interests, fundamental rights and freedoms;
- compliance with our legal obligations: this type of processing is carried out for accounting purposes and to comply with tax-related obligations for example.
3. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep personal data collected and processed in this context, as well as the entire file associated with you or your company or organization during the entire period of our contractual relationship with you (or your company or organization) and for the applicable statute of limitation period for legal claims (5 years in this context). Your personal data can also be kept for a period of 10 years to comply with accounting and tax obligations.
4. Who has access to your personal data?
The personal data collected and processed in this context can be accessed by the competent internal departments, meaning our lawyers (and, as applicable, interns) handling you or your company or organization’s matters or requests, our billing department, our communication department and our IT department.