August Debouzy has advised AESC on the construction of a new electric car battery gigafactory in Douai, Hauts de France, which is due to open in 2025.
With an initial capacity of 9 GWh, the gigafactory will involve a total investment of €1.3 billion of which €450 million has been financed by the European Investment Bank.
A multi-disciplinary team from August Debouzy assisted AESC throughout this complex project, including inter alia:
- Guillaume Aubatier, partner, and Dorian Scemama, counsel, on the land and building construction aspects ;
- Leïla Hubeaut, partner, on certain commercial aspects;
- Vincent Brenot, partner, and Hélène Billery, counsel, on the environmental and permitting aspects;
- Antonia Raccat, partner, and Catherine Mintégui, senior associate, on the financing aspects; and
- Mahasti Razzavi, partner, on intellectual property aspects.