Article | 20/07/15 | 2 min. | Vincent Brenot Alexandra Cohen-Jonathan Xavier Rohmer Benjamin van Gaver Julien Wagmann Renaud Christol Elie Bétard Clara Ferrari Alexandra Berg-Moussa Hélène Delurier Julien Wlodarczyk
August & Debouzy assists Financière Bio Alfras, which has received a binding offer from Eurofins Scientific to acquire the Biomnis group, one of the main independent specialty diagnostic testing laboratories in France and Ireland. Considering the industrial and financial quality of Eurofins Scientific’s offer, Financière Bio Alfras has decided to sign an exclusive agreement with Eurofins Scientific to finalise the transaction.
Eurofins Scientific is one of the main global players in bio-analytical testing, and one of the world leaders in genomic services.
Biomnis is one of the largest independent laboratories in Europe focusing on specialty diagnostic testing, with a strong reputation in many areas including infectious diseases, supported by its renowned competence in molecular biology and cytogenetics. The Biomnis group employs about 1,200 staff and provides its services in more than 40 countries.
- August & Debouzy advised the seller, in particular Xavier Rohmer (Partner within the Private Equity and Tax department) and Julien Wagmann (Partner in the Private Equity department) who were assisted by Maria Queffelec (Senior Associate), Pierre Antoine Degrolard (Associate), Laura Favier (Associate) concerning the corporate law aspects, Hélène Delurier (Counsel), Clara Ferrari (Senior Associate), Elie Betard (Associate) concerning the tax law aspects, Renaud Christol (Counsel) concerning the competition law aspects. The team also included Benjamin van Gaver (Partner) and Valérie Munoz-Pons (Counsel) - litigation, Vincent Brenot (Partner) and Vincent Broustail (Associate) - public and regulatory, Alexandra Berg-Moussa (Counsel) and Coralie Vaissière (Associate) concerning the IP/IT aspects, and Alexandra Cohen-Jonathan (Partner) and Julien Wlodarczyk (Associate) concerning the insurance and real estate law aspects.
- Bird & Bird advised Biomnis on the labour and employment law aspects, through Alexandra Stocki (Partner), François Debeney (Counsel) and Laura Sultan (Associate), and Anne-Laure Rastoul (Associate).
- Davis Polk advised Duke Street, through Georges Terrier (Partner) and Thomas Bourdeaut (Associate).
- Weil Gotshal & Manges advised Ardian, through Sandra Beladjine (Associate).
- Rothschild, advised by Laurent Baril, Charles Mussat, Robert Rozemulder, Louis Ganser, Lou Santolini.