August Debouzy advised Tiger Global Management on the new financing round of Qonto, a corporate financial management-focused company, now valued at €4.4 billion and becoming the largest French unicorn.
Tiger Global Management participated, alongside TCV, Insight Partners, Eurazeo Growth and Qonto's historical investors (Alven, Valar, DST Global and Tencent), in a Series D financing round for a total amount of €486 million, higher than the initial amount.
This transaction is one of the highest financial rounds for the Frenchtech.
Founded in 2017 by Alexandre Prot and Steve Anavi, Qonto aims to become the leading global financial management solution for SMEs and self-employed people in Europe by 2025.
This capital increase is in line with the company's goal of accelerating its international expansion by 2023, consolidating its leadership in Europe with already more than 220,000 clients in four markets (Germany, Spain, France, and Italy) and quadrupling its team to more than 2,000 employees by 2025.
The international law firm Gunderson Dettmer also assisted Tiger Global Management with the US legal aspects.
Willkie Farr & Gallagher advised Insight Partners, Weil, Gotshal & Manges advised TCV, Sidley Austin and Baker and McKenzie advised KKR, Goodwin Procter advised DST Global, Clifford Chance advised Tencent, Jones Day advised Alven, Valar Ventures and Hedosophia while Solferino Associés and Cazals Manzo Pichot Saint Quentin advised Qonto.
August Debouzy advised Tiger Global Management.
The team was composed of:
- Julien Aucomte aspects; , Lawyers, for the corporatePaola Magrit and François RichardCounsel, Laure Khemiri, , Partner,
- Pierre Descheemaeker, Partner, and François Richard, Lawyer, for the regulatory aspects;
- Florence Chafiol, Partner, Laure Arnon-Duquesnoy, Senior Lawyer, and Ariane Seyed-Movaghar, Lawyer, for the intellectual property and data protection aspects;
- Alexandra Berg-Moussa, Partner, and Aurélien Micheli, Lawyer, for the contractual aspects;
- Philippe Lorentz, Partner, Elie Betard, Senior Lawyer, and Franck Gapenne, Lawyer, for the tax aspects;
- Nathalie Lengaigne, Counsel, Boris Leone-Robin, Senior Lawyer, and Alexandre Dumortier, Lawyer, for the employment law aspects;
- Julien Wlodarczyk, Counsel, for the real estate law aspects;
- Valérie Munoz-Pons, Counsel, and Alexandre Trovato, Lawyer, for the compliance aspects; and
- Marie Valentini, Counsel, and Marie Edelstenne, Lawyer, for the litigation aspects.
About Tiger Global Management
Founded in 2001, Tiger Global Management is an American investment firm that deploys capital globally. The firm’s investments focus primarily on the new technologies, software, consumer, and methods of payment sectors. Tiger Global Management is based in New York with affiliate offices in Hong Kong, Pekin, and Singapore.